How to Apply for Security Guard Jobs in Canada in 2023
Security Guard Jobs in Canada :
When it comes to ensuring public safety, security guards play a crucial role in maintaining order and preventing criminal activities. In Canada, Security Guard Jobs in Canada in are in high demand, with many companies seeking to hire qualified individuals to work in various sectors.
|Amendment Type||Amendment #1|
|Reason for Amendment||Please note posting date has been extended.|
|Job Category||Buildings, Property Operations & Real Estate|
|Division & Section||Corporate Real Estate Management, Corporate Security|
|Job Type & Duration||Part-time, Indefinite|
|Salary||$28.07 per hour|
|Shift Information||Rotating Shifts, Weekends and Holidays|
|Number of Positions||10+|
|Posting Period||04-APR-2023 to 12-MAY-2023|
Major Responsibilities for Security Guard Jobs in Canada:
- Provides security services to City owned and/or operated properties through the operation of various security systems and patrolling, including responding and effectively handling emergency and non-emergency, security and law enforcement calls, maintaining the utmost confidentiality at all times
- Monitors and patrols assigned areas of City owned and/or operated properties and the surrounding grounds through physical patrols and by monitoring various security systems Observes, investigates, and acts on possible breaches of security, criminal code violations, fire and safety hazards, illegal entry, theft, and malfunction or interruption of utilities, machinery or equipment
- Responds to public inquiries and represents the City of Toronto Corporate Security Division by promoting security services that contribute positively to the results of the division, and corporate vision
- Conducts security audits and assessments providing advice to enhance physical security Informs the designated authorities in the event of security, fire or health emergencies. Activates fire alarm and safety systems and assists in evacuation procedures. Escorts designated authorities, police, fire and EMS personnel to emergency locations Provides security for visiting dignitaries, protocol functions, demonstrations, labour disruptions, council meetings and special events
- Conducts open-up and facility lock-down and security testing
- Screens unauthorized persons/staff and may be required to escort and/or physically remove offenders and trespassers from City owned/operated properties. Legally arrests individuals as required and surrenders them to Police as soon as possible
- Responds to security and fire alarms in City vehicle and performs proactive patrols at City owned or operated sites
- Responds to public inquiries and performs guarded tours along designated routes; records same. Assists in the movement of visitors, employees and dignitaries
Read Also : Truck Driver Jobs in Canada : Requirements, Skills, and Work Conditions
Key Qualifications Required for Security Guard Jobs in Canada:
Your application mustdescribe yourqualificationsasthey relate to:
- Experience providing facility security including the use of security systems and key systems.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function or the approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a valid Security Guard License in accordance with the Ontario Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005, S.O. 2005, c. 34.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a valid certificate in Standard First Aid and CPR level ‘C’ and be certified to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a valid Province of Ontario, Class “G” Driver’s License and obtain a City’s Driver’s Permit is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of legislative policies such as the Criminal Code, Trespass to Property Act and WHMIS.
- Knowledge of relevant Security policies such as patrolling and emergency response, Private Security and Investigative Services Act.
- Highly developed interpersonal and customer service skills, including conflict resolution, problem solving, decision making and situational assessment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond to staff and public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to prepare and maintain clear, concise, and legible security reports and detailed records
How to Apply:
To Apply for job follow link and submit required information
https://creatcareer.info/ is an informative website. We do not offer any job opportunities or demand money from anyone. The information provided on our website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a job offer or solicitation. We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the information provided on our website. Users are advised to verify the authenticity of any job opportunities or offers independently and exercise caution when dealing with potential employers or recruitment agencies. We shall not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from the use of our website or reliance on the information provided.