Canada is a major agricultural producer, and the demand for farm workers is growing. Farm workers are responsible for a variety of tasks, such as planting, cultivating, harvesting, and packing crops. They may also be responsible for caring for livestock and poultry.
Salary for farm worker jobs in Canada
|$29,867 per year
|$15.32 per hour
|Fruit and Vegetable Packer
|$28,500 per year
|$14.62 per hour
|Dairy Farm Worker
|$31,200 per year
|$16.13 per hour
|Poultry Farm Worker
|$27,500 per year
|$13.92 per hour
|$28,000 per year
|$14.38 per hour
|$30,000 per year
|$15.56 per hour
The salary for farm worker jobs in Canada varies depending on the experience of the worker, the type of job, and the province. However, the average salary for a farm worker in Canada is around $29,867 per year or $15.32 per hour.
- Farm Working Jobs in Canada
- Security Guard Jobs in Canada
- Discover High-Paying Jobs in Canada
- How Can I Apply for Canada Work Visa
Types of Farm Worker Jobs Available in Canada
There are many different types of farm worker jobs available in Canada. Some of the most common types of farm worker jobs include:
- Seasonal farm workers: Seasonal farm workers are employed during the growing season, typically from May to October. They may be responsible for planting, cultivating, harvesting, or packing crops.
- Permanent farm workers: Permanent farm workers are employed year-round. They may be responsible for caring for livestock, poultry, or other farm animals. They may also be responsible for maintaining farm equipment and facilities.
- Contract farm workers: Contract farm workers are hired by individual farmers to complete specific tasks. They may be responsible for planting, cultivating, harvesting, or packing crops. They may also be responsible for caring for livestock or poultry.
Here are some of the companies that offer farm worker jobs in Canada:
- AGF Employment Services: AGF Employment Services is a leading recruitment agency that specializes in placing farm workers in Canada. They have a wide network of clients across the country.
- Canada Job Bank: Canada Job Bank is a government-run website that lists job openings in Canada. You can search for farm worker jobs by province or by keyword.
- Indeed.ca: Indeed.ca is a popular job search website that lists job openings from a variety of companies. You can search for farm worker jobs by keyword or by location.
- WorkBC: WorkBC is a government-run website that lists job openings in British Columbia. You can search for farm worker jobs by region or by keyword.
- Ontario Works: Ontario Works is a government-run program that helps people find jobs. They have a list of farm worker jobs that are available in Ontario.
Required skills and qualifications for farm worker jobs in Canada
The required skills and qualifications for farm worker jobs vary depending on the specific job. However, some of the most common skills and qualifications include:
- Physical fitness
- Ability to work long hours
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Basic knowledge of agriculture
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good communication skills
If you are interested in a career as a farm worker in Canada, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of getting a job. First, get the necessary training and certification. There are many training programs available, both online and in person. Second, network with people in the industry. Attend job fairs and workshops, and connect with people on social media. Third, build your resume and cover letter. Highlight your skills and experience, and explain why you are interested in a career as a farm worker.
Here are some additional tips for getting a farm worker job in Canada:
- Be flexible with your location. Many farm jobs are located in rural areas, so you may need to be willing to relocate.
- Be willing to start at the bottom. Many farm jobs are entry-level, so you may need to start with a basic job and work your way up.
- Be persistent. The job market for farm workers can be competitive, so don’t give up if you don’t get a job right away. Keep applying for jobs and networking with people in the industry.