Ever dreamt of visiting the Great White North? Canada is a popular destination for many Pakistanis, whether for tourism, study or work. But before you start planning your trip to Niagara Falls or shopping on Toronto’s Queen Street West, you need to figure out how much that coveted Canada visa is going to set you back. Applying for any visa involves fees, and Canada is no exception. The costs can vary depending on the type of visa and the specifics of your application. While the fees may seem steep, think of it as an investment in an unforgettable experience in one of the most beautiful, welcoming countries in the world. Keep reading to find out the typical range of Canada visa fees for Pakistanis and tips to save money on your application. The true north strong and free awaits!
Canada Visa Price in Pakistan
Applying for a Canada visa from Pakistan will cost you around PKR 20,000 to 25,000. The actual Canada visa fees for 2019 are:
- Visa application fee: $100 (about PKR 15,000)
This is the non-refundable amount you pay when submitting your visa application. It covers the processing of your application.
- Biometrics fee: $85 (about PKR 12,750)
This mandatory fee is for your biometric screening (fingerprints and photo) at a Visa Application Center.
- Additional services: $100-$200 (Optional, PKR 15,000-30,000)
You can opt for added services like courier return of documents, SMS updates, etc. The fees depend on the services selected.
So all told, budget at least PKR 20,000 for a single entry visa to account for the basic fees plus any additional services. The total cost will be higher for multiple entry visas. Family visas for spouses and dependent children are charged separately.
While the visa fees are non-refundable regardless of the outcome, the good news is Canada’s visa approval rate for Pakistanis is around 60-70% if you submit a solid application. Focus on clearly establishing your purpose of visit, proof of funds, and strong ties to Pakistan to boost your chances. With the proper documentation and a bit of patience, you’ll be enjoying the natural beauty of the Great White North in no time!
Additional Fees for Dependents
To bring family members or dependents with you to Canada, you’ll need to pay additional fees. For a spouse or common-law partner, the cost is an extra $550. Kids under 22 are $150 each. These fees are on top of the regular visa application fees for yourself, so budget accordingly!
Once in Canada, you’ll also need to cover costs for your dependents like:
- Healthcare insurance which can range from $75 to $200 per month for a family plan. Provincial healthcare doesn’t cover visitors.
- Living expenses such as rent, food, and transportation which can total $1,500 to $3,000 or more each month for a family. Cost of living varies significantly by city.
- School fees if your kids need to attend primary or secondary school. This could cost $5,000 to $15,000 per child annually. Public schools are free for residents but not visitors.
- Recreation and entertainment to enjoy your time together which may add an extra $500 to $1,000 per month.
- Return tickets for your flight home. Round trip fares for a family of four could be $3,000 to $6,000 total.
The bottom line is you’ll want to budget at least an additional $20,000 to $30,000 for the first year in Canada with dependents. While the extra costs may seem steep, the opportunity to experience life in this beautiful country together as a family will create priceless memories that last forever.
To complete your Canada visa application, you’ll need to pay the mandatory biometrics fee. This fee covers the cost of collecting your fingerprints and photo, known as biometrics information.
The current biometrics fee for a Canada visa is Rs. 7,840. This fee needs to be paid for each applicant in your application, including any dependents. The biometrics fee can change, so double check with the Canadian embassy website for the latest cost at the time you apply.
Once you’ve paid the biometrics fee online, the embassy will send you instructions for booking an appointment at their Visa Application Center (VAC) in Islamabad, Karachi or Lahore. At your appointment, your fingerprints and photo will be taken electronically and securely stored with your application information. The whole process only takes around 15-20 minutes.
To pay the biometrics fee, you will need to pay online using a credit or debit card. Other payment methods like wire transfer, money order or bank draft are not accepted. Make sure you have enough funds available on your card, as the payment needs to be processed in full at the time of booking your biometrics appointment.
Bring the receipt for your biometrics payment with you to your appointment. The VAC will not collect any additional fees at your appointment—they only provide the biometrics collection service. Once your biometrics have been collected, your application can be fully assessed for a final decision.
Providing biometrics is a mandatory step for most Canadian visa categories, including visitor visas, study permits and work permits. It helps the Canadian government verify your identity and run required background checks as part of the application process. While the biometrics fee may seem expensive, it’s a necessary cost to complete your Canada visa application.
Medical Examination Fees
To apply for a Canada visa from Pakistan, you’ll need to pay the required medical examination fees. These mandatory health checks are conducted by panel physicians authorized by the Government of Canada. The fees typically include:
The doctor will do a basic health checkup like measuring your height, weight, blood pressure, etc. They will ask you some questions about your medical history and check your eyesight, hearing, chest x-ray, urine test, and blood test. The fees for a physical exam and diagnostic testing are usually around PKR 15,000 to 25,000.
A chest x-ray is done to check for any signs of tuberculosis. The fees for a chest x-ray are typically between PKR 3,000 to 5,000.
An HIV blood test is required for all Canada visa applicants 15 years of age and older. The fees for an HIV test are around PKR 2,000 to 3,000.
You may need certain vaccinations like Hepatitis B, Tetanus, etc. depending on factors like your age and medical history. Vaccination fees can vary but are usually between PKR 3,000 to 8,000 total.
The medical exam fees must be paid by you directly to the panel physician. These are in addition to the main Canada visa application fees. While the fees may seem high, think of it as an investment in your health and future in Canada. The medical exam aims to check for any medical inadmissibility that could cause issues with your application or upon entry to Canada.
So budget at least PKR 25,000 to 45,000 for your Canada visa medical examination from Pakistan. The exact total cost will depend on the tests required for your specific situation. But going through these health checks is mandatory to get your visa, so make sure to factor these medical fees into your overall Canada immigration budget!
Other Potential Costs to Consider
Other potential costs to keep in mind when applying for a Canadian visa from Pakistan include:
- Medical Examinations: As part of your visa application, you may need to undergo medical exams to ensure you are in good health. The fees for these exams will depend on which panel physician conducts them but typically range from Rs 8,000 to Rs 15,000.
- Police Certificates: To show you have a clean criminal record, you need to obtain police certificates from locations where you have lived. Obtaining these certificates typically costs between Rs 1,500 to Rs 3,000 per certificate.
- Translation Fees: If any of your documents are not in English or French, they will need to be translated by a certified translator. Translation fees are usually charged per word or page and can cost Rs 1,500 to Rs 10,000 total depending on the number of documents.
- Travel Expenses: There will be costs associated with traveling to and from your visa appointment, medical exam, and any interviews. The total cost will depend on your location in Pakistan and available transportation options. Plan for at least Rs 5,000 to Rs 10,000 for travel within major cities.
- Consultant Fees: Many applicants choose to hire an immigration consultant to help guide them through the visa process. Consultant fees range widely from Rs 25,000 up to Rs 200,000+ for more complex cases. Fees will depend on the consultant’s experience, location, and the details of your application.
When budgeting for your Canada visa from Pakistan, be sure to account for all these potential additional costs on top of the main Government of Canada immigration fees. While the overall cost to get a Canadian visa can be significant, many consider it a worthwhile investment to gain permanent residence in such a welcoming and prosperous country.
How to Apply for Canada Visa From Pakistan
To apply for a Canada visa from Pakistan, follow these steps:
Gather the Required Documents
You will need to provide several documents to support your visa application:
- A valid passport: Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your application.
- Proof of funds: Bank statements for the past 6 months to show you have sufficient funds for your trip.
- Letter of invitation (if applicable): An invitation letter from a Canadian resident you intend to visit.
- Proof of accommodation (if applicable): Hotel bookings or evidence that you have accommodation arranged.
- Return ticket (or proof of other return arrangements): Showing your planned date of departure from Canada.
Complete the Application Form
You need to fill out the Canada visa application form, which can be downloaded from the official Canada visa website. Provide accurate and honest information, as any false statements can lead to a rejected application or even legal consequences.
Schedule your Interview and Biometrics Appointment
As part of the application process, you will need to schedule an interview at a Visa Application Center (VAC) in Pakistan, as well as have your fingerprints and photograph taken (biometrics). Book your VAC appointment in advance and bring all your documents with you.
Pay the Required Fees
The current fee for a single-entry Canada visa for a Pakistani passport holder is around PKR 21,000. The exact amount will be specified once you submit your application. Fees must be paid in full for your application to be processed.
Submit your Application
Submit your completed application, along with all supporting documents and proof of payment, at the VAC at your scheduled interview appointment. The processing time is normally around 4 to 6 weeks. If approved, your passport containing the visa will be mailed to you.
So there you have it, a quick rundown of the costs associated with obtaining a Canada visa from Pakistan. The application fees vary based on the type of visa you need, but you can expect to pay at least $100 to $500 or more per person. Add on the additional fees for medical exams, police certificates and translation of documents, and the total cost for a family can easily exceed $2,000. While the fees may seem high, a Canada visa allows you the opportunity to visit, study or work in an amazing country. For many, the benefits of gaining entry to Canada far outweigh the initial costs of the application process. If Canada is your dream destination, don’t let the visa fees deter you. Do your research, save up, and start preparing your application today. The great white north awaits!