Portugal Visa for Pakistani Have you been dreaming of an adventure-filled European escape? Pack your bags, you’re headed to Portugal! This scenic country on the Iberian Peninsula awaits you with stunning beaches, historic towns, and a vibrant culture. Before you start planning your trip and imagining yourself strolling the cobblestone streets of Lisbon or sunbathing on the Algarve coast, there are a few things you’ll need to sort out. As a Pakistani citizen, you’ll require a proper visa to enter Portugal. Don’t worry, obtaining a Portugal visa from Pakistan is actually quite straightforward if you meet the eligibility criteria and prepare the necessary documents. In this article, I’ll walk you through everything you need to know about applying for your Portugal visa so you can make your dream trip a reality. The stunning sights of Portugal are calling your name!
Portugal visa from pakistan
To get a Portugal visa from Pakistan, there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet.
First, you’ll need a valid Pakistani passport with at least two blank pages and valid for at least 3 months after your intended return date.
Second, you’ll need to provide proof of funds to cover your trip. This includes bank statements for the last 6 months showing a balance of at least $85 per day of your trip.
Third, you’ll need to provide proof of accommodation for your entire stay in Portugal. This can be a hotel reservation or an invitation letter from a Portuguese resident you’ll be staying with.
Finally, you’ll need to apply through the Portugal Visa Application Center in Islamabad or Karachi. The application fee is around Rs. 13,000. Your application will typically be processed in 15 business days.
To streamline the process, make sure you submit:
- A completed Portugal Schengen visa application form
- Two recent photos
- A cover letter stating the purpose of your trip
- Flight itinerary
- Travel insurance with minimum coverage of €30,000
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, etc.)
If your application is approved, your passport will be returned with the visa. You can then make final preparations for your Portuguese adventure! Following the requirements carefully and applying well in advance of your trip will set you up for a smooth visa process.
Portugal Visa Eligibility Criteria for Pakistani Passport Holders
To be eligible for a Portugal visa, Pakistani passport holders must meet certain criteria. The main requirements are:
- •A valid Pakistani passport with at least one blank page and valid for at least 3 months after your trip.
- •A completed Portugal visa application form. Fill it out completely and sign it.
- •Two recent color passport-size photos with a white background.
- •A cover letter stating the purpose of your trip. Explain any business or family connections in Portugal.
- •Proof of sufficient funds to cover your trip. Bank statements for the past 3 months are typically required.
- • Flight itinerary or reservation.
- •Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in Portugal. Hotel bookings or an invitation letter from a Portuguese resident you will be staying with.
- •Travel medical insurance with coverage of at least 30,000 euros, valid for all Schengen countries.
- •Additional documents may be required for business trips, family visits, or long-term stays. Check with the embassy for details.
- •The visa application fee for Pakistani citizens is 60 euros. Pay in cash, money order or certified bank check.
If you meet these requirements and submit a complete application, you have a good chance of obtaining a Portugal visa. Start the process at least 2 months before your trip and good luck!
Related : Italy Visa Price in Pakistan in 2023
Portugal Visa Requirements and Application Documents
To apply for a Portugal visa, you will need to submit several documents. The requirements are:
Your original Pakistani passport with at least two blank pages and valid for at least 3 months after your intended trip. Make sure your passport has been issued within the last 10 years.
Visa application form
The Portugal Schengen visa application form, completed and signed. You must provide a photo that meets the photo requirements for Portuguese visa.
A detailed travel itinerary including flight reservations or other proof of intended transport to Portugal.
Proof of funds
Bank statements for the last 3 months to prove you have sufficient funds for your trip.
Proof of travel health insurance for your entire trip, covering a minimum of 30,000 euros.
Evidence of your accommodation arrangements in Portugal such as hotel reservations.
- • Letter stating the purpose of your trip.
- • No objection certificate from your employer if employed.
- • Additional documents may be requested.
You will need to submit your documents at the Portugal Visa Application Center in Islamabad. The processing time is usually around 15 days. The visa fee for Pakistani citizens is 80 euros. Make sure you apply at least 2-3 weeks before your intended trip to avoid any delays.
How to Apply for Portugal Visa From Pakistan
To apply for a Portugal visa from Pakistan, you’ll need to follow a few steps:
First, determine which type of Portugal visa you need based on the purpose of your trip. The most common types are tourist visas and business visas. Check the eligibility criteria on the Portugal embassy website to confirm you qualify.
Next, gather the required documents like a valid passport, a photo, an invitation letter (if applicable), evidence of funds, and travel itinerary. Make copies of everything.
Then, fill out the Portugal visa application form found on the embassy website. Provide accurate details and sign the form. Submit your form and documents at the Portugal Visa Application Center in Islamabad or Karachi.
Pay the required visa fees, which are around 6,500 Pakistani Rupees for a single-entry tourist visa. Fees must be paid in cash, money order or certified bank draft. Visa processing time is usually around 15 days, so apply at least 3 weeks before your trip.
Your application will be reviewed and if approved, your passport with the visa will be mailed to you or ready for pickup. Check that all details on the visa are correct before travel.
Once you have your visa, make final preparations for an amazing trip to Portugal! But remember, a visa only allows you to travel to Portugal—it does not guarantee you entrance into the country. You will still need to pass through Portugal immigration control upon arrival.
Portugal visa online application
To apply for a Portugal visa from Pakistan, you’ll need to submit an online application via the official Portugal Consulate website. The application process is pretty straightforward, but there are a few requirements you’ll need to provide.
First, you’ll need a valid passport with at least two blank pages and six months before expiration. You’ll also need a recent photo that meets the photo requirements listed on the website.
In addition to the application form, you’ll need to provide supporting documents like:
- Proof of funds to cover your trip (bank statements for the last 3 months)
- Flight itinerary or reservation
- Proof of accommodation (hotel reservation or invitation letter)
- Travel health insurance that covers your entire stay in Portugal
The Portugal visa fee for Pakistani citizens is €80 for a short-term Schengen visa. The fee must be paid via credit/debit card as part of the online application process.
Once you’ve submitted your online application and paid the fee, your application will be reviewed. If approved, your passport with the visa will be mailed to you within 15 days. The standard processing time is usually around 7 to 10 business days.
Make sure you apply at least 15 to 30 days before your trip to allow enough time for processing and delivery. Applying too late could mean you may not receive your visa in time for your travel dates.
The Portugal visa for Pakistani citizens can be issued for up to 90 days for tourism, business, or family visits. Be sure to double check that you meet all the eligibility criteria on the Portugal Consulate website before starting your application.
Portugal visa price in pakistan
The fee for a Portugal visa for Pakistani citizens is Rs. 9,000. The cost covers the visa application processing fee charged by the Portugal embassy in Islamabad. You will need to pay this fee when you submit your visa application at the visa application center in Islamabad.
The visa fee can be paid in cash or debit/credit card. Make sure you have the exact amount in cash as the visa center may not provide change. For card payments, Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
In addition to the visa fee, you will also need to pay the visa center service fee of Rs. 2,000. This is a mandatory fee for using the services of the visa center like document collection and biometrics.
The total cost of a Portugal visa for Pakistani citizens comes out to Rs. 11,000 (9,000 visa fee + 2,000 service fee). This does not include other expenses like travel cost to Islamabad for your interview or courier charges if you want your passport delivered to your address.
The visa fee is non-refundable regardless of the visa decision. So make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria and submit a complete set of documents to maximize your chances of getting the visa approved, especially since the application process requires time and money.
If your application is approved, the validity of your Portugal visa will depend on the type of visa and purpose of your trip. The maximum validity is 5 years for long-term visas. You will need to pay another visa fee when renewing or extending your Portugal visa.
Portugal Visa Fees for Pakistani Citizens
The fees for a Portugal visa for Pakistani citizens are as follows:
- Visa fee: The Portugal visa fee for Pakistani citizens is €80 (around Rs. 12,500). This fee is non-refundable regardless of the visa application outcome.
- Service fee: In addition to the visa fee, a service fee of €20 (around Rs. 3,100) will be charged for submitting the application, and €30 (around Rs. 4,600) for collecting the visa. These service fees are charged by VFS Global, the company that processes Portugal visas for Pakistani citizens.
- Additional fees: You may have to pay additional fees for travel insurance, return shipping of your documents, and translations of any documents not in English or Portuguese. The total cost can range from Rs. 20,000 to 25,000 depending on the specific requirements.
- Payment method: The fees can be paid by credit/debit card, demand draft, pay order, or bank challan. Demand drafts and pay orders should be made payable to “VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd.” Credit/debit card payments can be made at the VFS Application Center or online when filling out the visa application form.
To summarize, applying for a Portugal visa from Pakistan requires paying several types of fees that can total around Rs. 20,000-25,000. The specific fees depend on the purpose and validity of your trip. It’s best to allocate extra funds to avoid delays due to lack of payment. With the proper documentation and payment of required fees, Pakistani citizens have a good chance of obtaining a Portugal visa.
FAQs: Portugal Visa for Pakistani Passport Holders
Do I need a visa for Portugal if I have a Pakistani passport?
Yes, as a citizen of Pakistan you will need to obtain a valid visa to enter Portugal. Portugal is a member of the Schengen Area, so you will need to apply for a Schengen visa.
What is the Schengen visa?
The Schengen visa allows you to travel to any country within the Schengen Area for up to 90 days for tourism or business. Portugal is one of 26 European countries in the Schengen Area.
How much does a Portugal Schengen visa cost?
The visa fee for a Portugal Schengen visa is €80 for adults. For children aged 6 to 12 years old, the fee is €40. There is no visa fee for children under 6 years of age.
How long does it take to get a Portugal Schengen visa?
The processing time for a Portugal Schengen visa is usually around 15 days. However, it can take up to 60 days during busy periods. It is best to apply at least 3 to 4 weeks before your intended trip to Portugal.
What documents do I need to apply for a Portugal Schengen visa?
You will need to submit the following documents:
- •Schengen Visa Application Form
- •2 recent photos
- •Proof of funds
- •Flight itinerary
- •Travel insurance
- •Proof of accommodation
- •Proof of civil status (marriage/birth certificate)
- •Letter from your employer (if employed)
Where do I need to apply for my Portugal Schengen visa?
You will need to apply for a Portugal Schengen visa at the Portuguese Embassy or Consulate General in Pakistan. The application must be submitted in person. Alternatively, you can apply through a visa application center like VFS Global.
So in summary, applying for a Portugal visa from Pakistan isn’t overly complicated if you make sure to prepare all the necessary documents in advance. Just remember that you’ll need to provide proof of accommodation, a return ticket, a cover letter stating the purpose of your trip, evidence of funds to cover your stay, and travel insurance. Once you have everything in order, you can apply either through the online portal or by visiting your nearest Portugal embassy or consulate in person. The processing time is usually around 15 days, so make sure to apply at least a few weeks before your intended trip. Portugal has so much to offer between the stunning beaches, historic architecture, and delicious food. Now that you know the ins and outs of applying for a visa, you’re ready to experience all the wonders this Mediterranean paradise has in store! Safe travels and boa viagem!